In the most recent Google Ads tutorial video, a new Conversion Lift study was introduced to advertisers.
The tutorial covers Conversion Raise and how to set it up in Google Ads.
What Is Conversion Lift & How Does It Work?
Conversion Lift measures the number of conversions are triggered by your ads that wouldn’t have occurred without ads.
Google’s conversion lift solution mixes numerous measurement tactics, including:
- Multi-touch attribution
- Incrementality Experiments
- Marketing mix models
Conversion Lift is established as a regulated experiment within the Google Advertisements interface that separates your audience into two groups:
- One group that gets ads (control)
- One group that does not get advertisements (experiment)
The experiment can separate audiences based upon random user selection or based upon geography.
Conversion Lift is readily available for Video, Discovery, and App campaigns.
Why Use Conversion Raise?
In the Google tutorial video, the intro began with three significant discomfort points in today’s marketing measurement.
- Client journeys are more complex. As individuals interact with ads throughout multiple platforms, it’s often hard or impossible to connect the dots to one distinct user journey.
- Cookie-based measurement continues to decrease. This leaves marketers with less visibility into what’s working (and what’s not).
- Marketers are expected to do more with less. All the while, they’re progressively scrutinized over the need for profitability.
How To Establish Conversion Lift
The tutorial video offered step-by-step guidelines based upon separating by users.
In the Google Ads interface, browse to the top menu. Click Tools & Settings >> Measurement >> Lift measurement.
Then, click “+” to begin a new research study.
Step 2: Select if your research study will be based upon users or by location: Next, you’ll be able to pick which campaign(s)to run in this study. After that, choose your start and ends dates.
Finally, evaluate the feasibility to approximate how likely your research study will get outcomes. Image credit: Google Ads Tutorial Buy YouTube Subscribers video, December 2022 Once saved, the conversion lift study will instantly begin measuring lift at your chosen start date. Conversion Raise Metrics Google offers three metrics marketers can measure utilizing this research study: Incremental conversions Incremental conversion worth Relative conversion lift You’ll need gain access to from your Google account team to
- start, as this has actually not yet presented to all accounts. Watch the full Conversion Lift tutorial below: